Friday, July 8, 2011

L'Aquitaine

I created this drink using deliciously fresh strawberries I picked from Applecrest Orchards in Hampton Falls. It's similar to the Satan's Whiskers cocktail in its use of both sweet and dry vermouth, as well as using gin as the base spirit, but replaces the orange juice with strawberry juice. I settled on all French spirits for this drink, and if I lived in France I'd use fresh-picked Gariguette strawberries to bring this Francophile concoction full-circle (the majority of cultivation occurring in the Aquitaine region--hence the name I'm giving this creation).

1 oz. Citadelle gin
1/2 oz. Noilly Prat dry vermouth
1/2 oz. Noilly Prat rouge vermouth
1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
1 oz. fresh strawberry juice
dash of orange bitters

Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment