Friday, February 24, 2012

Vanilla Bourbon Trusker



I was recently given 6 vanilla beans by a dear friend.  After thinking for some time about what I ought to do with them I decided that sticking a few in a bottle of bourbon wouldn't be such a bad idea.  Turns out it was quite a good idea.  I didn't do anything special, other than stick three of the beans straight into the bottle and then waited a week and-a-half.  The flavors work wonderfully together.  After having a piece of raspberry filled dark chocolate, inspiration struck, and I quickly thought up this drink.  My friend Jeff suggested the name and I had no good reason to dispute it.  It does have a ring to it I must say.

1 oz. vanilla infused bourbon (I used Evan Williams, but if I had been certain of how good it was going to be I'd have probably chosen Buffalo Trace)

3/4 oz. dark creme de cacao

3/4 oz. Chambord

1 oz. light cream or half & half

Shake vigorously with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.



1 comment:

  1. Well done, Chris !!! You in the picture actually pouring the drink adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete